CR7 accused of Rape as lawyers get prepared to strike deal for meditation to avoid trial
June 21, 2019
Juventus forward Cr7 legal team has said
they’re willing to try to strike a deal with his rape accuser, reports claim.
Lawyers for the Portuguese
captain and real Madrid legend have told the courts they are open to entering
meditation to avoid a trial, it was claimed last night.
They want a judge to dismiss the
case brought by a former model who claims Ronaldo, 34, raped her in a Las Vegas
hotel a decade ago, the Mirror
The footballer’s attorneys are
also prepared to accept a ruling that would “compel arbitration” –
meaning it would be dealt with outside court.
An expert mediator would then
oversee the private talks.
Kathryn Mayorga’s 31-page lawsuit
alleges that the £538,000-a-week Portuguese star raped her in his suite at
Palms Hotel and Casino in June 2009.
Now, Ronaldo’s lawyers have
reportedly asked Nevada District Court for leave to file a 46-page report
They need time to go beyond the
normal 24-page limit due to the complexity of the case, his lawyer Kendelee
And they also need more time to
respond to the 11 complaints brought by Ms Mayorga, it was reported.
They include battery, intentional
infliction of emotional distress, coercion and fraud, abuse of a vulnerable
person, racketeering and civil conspiracy.
Ex-teacher Ms Mayorga had
earlier met Ronaldo – then a 24-year-old Manchester United ace – at nightclub.
There is also a Footage showing
them dancing in the VIP area where then 25-year-old Ms. Mayorga worked.
She claims the the star – said to be worth £355m – then raped her in his luxury suite before paying her £295,000 in “hush money” – which she accepted because she “felt intimidated.” But police reopened their investigation last year after she came forward with the identity of her alleged attacker.