NTSA should emulate this–David Beckham gets six-month driving ban for using phone at wheel
May 10, 2019
Former England captain David Beckham has been banned from driving
for six months for using a mobile phone while behind the wheel of his fuel guzzler,
A prosecutor said a member of the public spotted former Manchester United, Real Madrid and LA Galaxy star
Beckham holding a phone while driving through central London on last year November
“Instead of looking straight forward, paying attention to
the road, he appeared to be looking at his lap,” said prosecutor Matthew
Beckham’s lawyer, Gerrard Tyrrell, said his client had “no
recollection” of the incident but pleaded guilty.
“There is no excuse for what took place, but his view is as
he cannot remember … he’s going to plead guilty, and that’s what he’s
done,” said Gerrard Tyrrell.
David Beckham already had six penalty points on his drivers’
license for speeding offenses.
The six more District Judge Catherine Moore gave him Thursday for
this offense put him at the 12 points needed to lose driving privileges.
Beckham attended the hearing at Bromley Magistrates Court wearing
a dark grey suit and tie. He spoke to give his name, date of birth and address.
Famous for his devastating free-kicks and the penalty he lost
during Euro cup, the 44-year-old captained England 59 times and scored in three
World Cups before retiring from international duty in 2009.
Prior his retirement in 2013 at LA Galaxy he played for AC Milan and Paris Saint Germain. Beckham and now a Hollywood star is currently setting up a Major League Soccer team in Miami.
How could kenyans handle this kind of a ban? Drop a comment below or in our Facebook page nex.co.ke